Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

I saved the coffee pot from being ravaged by Mom and The Sister.

Mom: I turned the coffee pot off.
Me: O....kay. (It auto-turned off an hour ago, so this confused me.)
Mom: WELL, there wasn't a lot of coffee left. (This was whispered as if having a little leftover coffee was somehow shameful.)
Me: Okay.

A few minutes later.....

Mom: The Sister, we'll have to make more coffee if you want any....
The Sister: growl snarl hiss whine
Mom: How do we do this.
Insert a few minutes of clanks and clacks with snipey whispering.
Dad: They might need some help....
Me: Am I going to have to go make coffee?
Dad: No, no, just tell them what to do.
I give him a look.
Dad: Or maybe show them how this once.

I went and made the coffee, and then on the way back to my seat mentioned to Dad that I'd used the coffee pot for the first time this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment