Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Transportation

Mom and Dad will be traveling from different points of origin today; Mom from the hometown and Dad from his workplace about halfway between. Mom is opting to fly the distance these days as apparently the 7 hour trip to the workplace is too much for her. She determined this after falling asleep at the wheel twice and needing to stop and spend the night to break up that 7 hour trip previously. So, a good move, really.

Dad, as is his style, will be driving the 9 hours between the workplace and my home. He told me he'd try not to bother us by calling too much, but he would let us know if he wasn't going to make it to my airport in time to pick up Mom. I told him to relax; we could certainly get her. As per his call earlier today, he's running late. Let's just say I'm not surprised.

Dad mentioned yesterday that he didn't want to be too far from DC when my mom changed planes there "in case something happened and I have to go get her." What apocalyptic scenario must he imagine? Or is it that he's afraid of Mom's ability to change planes? Or that perhaps the flight attendants won't let her on...?

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap. Can you even imagine what is going through his head? Did you ask him? I would have asked. Or maybe she asked him to be nearby just in case.

    ReplyDelete