Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Trash Picker

Last night Mom was in charge of washing the fresh lettuce for a salad with dinner.  She then dried the lettuce using a few paper towels (probably about four).  Now, this is not something I would ordinarily do but since I am a bit under the weather I'm not eating salad and pretty much don't care.  Husband picked up the pile of wet paper towels from the counter and when Mom and Dad's backs were turned, gave me a definite WTF look and threw them away.

This morning, over breakfast, Mom says, "[Husband] didn't know I have a method to my madness... I dried the lettuce with paper towels and I was going to use them to clean the floor, but he threw them away.  I guess he didn't know that I reuse paper towels.  So I had to get them out of the trash and clean the floor with them.  He didn't know."

Somehow, I managed to remain impassive through this confession.

No comments:

Post a Comment