Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Status Update

It's about 10 til 9 and I am either going to jump in the shower or wait until they get here, depending on how far away they are. So I call while I bring clean laundry to the kids' room.

Mom: Yessssss?

Me: Just wondering how far out you guys are?

Mom: Uh... Dad? Where are we? Just outside of (Nearby City).

Me: Okay, so like, 20 minutes.

Kid #1: Why are these sheets hot?

Me: Because they just came out of the dryer.

Mom: What?

Me, ready to show off how awesome I am of a homemaker for doing laundry once in a while: I was telling Kid #1 that the sheets are hot because they just came out of the dryer.

Mom, with a slightly deranged tone: Whose cheeks are hot?!?

Me: The SHEETS. For his bed.

Mom: Oh, you can just leave them folded, we'll put them on the bed.

Me: There are already sheets on your bed. These are for Kid #1's bed.

Mom: Oh. Well go ahead and put those on!

No comments:

Post a Comment