Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

The (Not) Jewish House

So, Google Street View finally got to my parents' house. Their house looks like an unkempt bushy nightmare for everyone around them who must HATE THEM OMFG. But that's not why we're here today, oh no.

I was cruising around on the street view, checking out the neighbors and my old neighborhood. Since I moved away, someone has built themselves quite the house and grounds a couple minutes away and next to a body of water. The place looks damn fancy, so while Mom was sitting here looking over my shoulder and watching and commenting on all the new speed bumps and additions on houses and such, I asked her about it.

"What do THOSE people own?" I thought it must be some sort of very successful business to own such a property.

Mom: "Well, we thought they were Jewish."

me: ...............

Mom: "But then they had some Christmas lights up."

me: ..........................

.........................

......................."I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but I thought they might own a business or something?"

Mom: "Oh, I don't know. But they aren't Jewish."



1 comment:

  1. Well you know, it's the only house on the block with an Eruv? Perfectly understandable mistake to make.

    ReplyDelete