Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Scene of the Crime

Last week my dad called.

Him: So it turns out that dentist appointment I thought was Wednesday? Is Tuesday.

Me: Oh, so does that mean you can leave to come here a day earlier?

Him: Yeah, we'll be there late Thursday instead of Friday.

Me: You told me Thursday before. Leave after appointment on Wednesday, spend the night at Grandma's house, get here Thursday.

Him: Okay.

Me:........ so if you want to get here Wednesday, (my husband) will be out of town, it'd be great if you could come sooner.

Him: I'll have to ask your mother.



------------------------------------- a few days later, Mom calls but does not mention anything about the day they are going to arrive --------------------------------------


It is now Wednesday - today. I call. Because it is probably tomorrow, I'm expecting tomorrow, but....

Dad: We're at the scene of the crime.

Me: Oh really.

Dad: Yes. I guess you don't know which one.

Me: Yeah no, it could be a myriad of choices. Which crime is this one?

Dad: We're where the converter fell out of my car the last time we were here.

Me, doing mental gymnastics: Virginia??

Dad: Yep. Here's your mother.

..........

Mom: Hi. He's in a rare mood. I think we're going to Arby's for lunch instead of Wendy's this time because it's healthier. I can't believe he wanted to stop here after we spent FOUR HOURS here the last time. 

Me: Yes. The scene of the crime.

Mom: Yeah. I don't know why we had to come here.

Me: So. What's your ETA?

Mom: What?

Me: Your estimated time of getting to my house - what is it?

Mom: Are you saying E    T     A ? 

Me: Yes. 

Mom: Oh.

Me: ..... so.... today? tomorrow?

Mom: Oh, 8 o'clock!

Me: Ah! Okay then. 

***

So apparently they are on the way. Good to know.

3 comments:

  1. 8pm tonight? 8am tomorrow? Mysteries...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't understand when they're coming or what the crime was. Do YOU?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since they were already on this side of Grandma's house I assumed tonight.... later phone call confirms it.

    ReplyDelete